The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (Foundation), in collaboration with the Center for Applied Research and Environmental Systems (CARES) and the University of Missouri (UM), has created the Childhood Obesity Prevention GIS (COGIS) to connect and support those working to change environments, policies and practices to reverse the epidemic of childhood obesity in the United States. It is important that users of the system read carefully and understand the terms and conditions of this agreement.
Assistant Director/Senior Geographic Information Systems Specialist
Center for Applied Research and Environmental Systems (CARES)
138A Mumford Hall - University of Missouri
The Center for Applied Research and Environmental Systems (CARES) reserves the right at any time to:
· Change the terms and conditions of this agreement;
· Change this Web site, including eliminating or discontinuing any content on or feature of this Web site; or
· Change any fees or charges for use of this Web site.
Your continued use of this Web site following such changes will be deemed acceptance of such changes. Be sure to return to this page periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version of this Agreement.
Compliance with Law
Users of the Services shall abide by all applicable international, federal, state and local laws, including, but not limited to, those pertaining to libel, slander, defamation, trade libel, product disparagement, harassment, invasion of privacy, and copyright and trademark infringement.
If you are given access to tools that allow you to upload information and data, you agree NOT to upload, in ANY format, protected personal and identifiable information onto the Web site. If you have access to data subjected to limitations imposed by a license, limited license or other agreement, you agree NOT to upload, in ANY format that constitutes a breach or violation of that license or other agreement.
Disclaimers of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
The Foundation, CARES and the University of Missouri do not represent nor endorse the accuracy or reliability of any of the information or material contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services or tools contained on this Web site. USERS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ANY RELIANCE UPON ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIALS IS AT THEIR OWN RISK.
The service, tools, information and materials are provided through this Web site on an "as is" basis, and the Foundation, CARES and the University of Missouri expressly disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to the service, tools, information and materials. In no event shall the Foundation, CARES and the University of Missouri be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential damages of any kind with respect to this Web site’s service, tools, information and materials.
The data referenced in Web site through the online mapping, reporting and issue library services and tools have been assembled from a variety of public data sources, with major contributions from Childhood Obesity Prevention. No warranty or representation is made as to the accuracy and availability of said information. When possible, information displayed is continuously updated, but its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. INDEPENDENT VERIFICATION IS ADVISED PRIOR TO MAKING DECISIONS BASED UPON THIS DATA.
The Foundation, Cares and UM provide no warranties, expressed or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability, or suitability of this data for any particular use or purpose. The Foundation, Cares and UM assume no liability whatsoever associated with the use or misuse of such data.
The Foundation, CARES and UM do not warrant that the Services or the server(s) that make the Services available are free of viruses or other harmful components. Moreover, the Foundation, CARES and UM do not represent or warrant that the content of the Services is accurate, complete or current for any specific or particular purpose or application. The Services are not intended to provide, nor should anyone consider that the Services provide, medical, legal, accounting, tax or other advice.
In no event will the Foundation, CARES, UM or any of their officers, trustees, employees, agents, affiliates, contractors, or successors and assigns (collectively, "Representatives") be liable for any damages-whether direct, indirect, special, general, consequential, for alleged lost profits or otherwise-that might result from any use of or reliance on materials or links made available on or through the Services.
Use of this Web site, requires registration. When and if you register you agree to (a) provide accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by our registration form (including your email address) and (b) maintain and update your information (including your email address) to keep it accurate, current and complete. You acknowledge that, if any information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we reserve the right to terminate your use of this Web site.
As part of the registration process, you will be asked to select a username and password. You will be responsible for the confidentiality and use of your username and password. If you have reason to believe that your account with us is no longer secure, you must promptly change your password by clicking on your username and then ‘Manage Password’. Then add and submit your new credentials. YOU ARE ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD AND FOR ANY AND ALL ACTIVITIES THAT ARE CONDUCTED THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT.
When you sign up to use this web site and services, we ask you for personal information such as your name, email address, postal address, etc. We may combine the information you provide or utilize it to provide you with better experience, and to improve the quality of this web site. When you send e-mail or post questions or comments, those communications will be either shared or maintained to process the inquiries and to improve the quality of the web site and services. Under no circumstances will personal information about you be disclosed to third parties. We may share aggregated demographic information. This is not linked to personally identifiable information.
Though we make every effort to preserve privacy, we may disclose personal information when we have a good-faith belief that such an action is necessary to comply with an appropriate law enforcement investigation, current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our Web site.
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites.
We may request information from users via surveys. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information, agency affiliation, and demographic information (such as zip code). Surveys will focus on collecting information for the purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site or our services. Users’ personally identifiable information is not shared with third parties unless we provide prior notice and choice. Though we may use intermediaries to conduct these surveys or contests, they may not use the users’ personally identifiable information for any secondary purpose.
Code of Conduct
While using the Web site’s service, tools, information and materials, you agree NOT TO:
· Use the Web site’s service, tools, information and materials for any unlawful purpose;
· Express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by us or the Foundation, without our prior written consent;
· Transmit (a) any content or information that is unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable, or infringes our or any third party's intellectual property or other rights; (b) any material, non-public information about individuals, organizations or companies without the authorization to do so; (c) any trade secret of any third party; or (d) any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or other unsolicited commercial communication
· Engage in spamming or flooding;
· Transmit any software or other materials that contain any viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects, date bombs, time bombs or other items of a destructive nature;
· Modify, adapt, sub-license, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Web site and tools;
· Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in the Web site’s service, tools, information and materials;
· "Frame" or "mirror" any part of the Web site without our prior written authorization;
· Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, "data mine" or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Web site or its contents;
· Use this Web site for ANY commercial purposes
While using the Web site’s service, tools, information and materials you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
By checking the "I accept" checkbox, you acknowledge that
(1) You have read and reviewed this agreement in its entirety, (2) You agree to the terms and conditions of this agreement, (3) The individual so clicking has the power, authority and legal right to enter into this agreement on behalf of you and, by so clicking, this agreement constitutes binding and enforceable obligations to you.